Most of us who are bloggers start blogging with simple intentions – to talk about our favorite topic, discuss it with like minded people and form connections in the blogging world. At first glance, it appears that all you need is an internet connection, a decent vocabulary and some extra time.
It’s only when you get down to nitty gritties that you realize there is so much more to blogging than just a free write! Blog promotion, SEO, networking, FB Fan page, Pinterest – and this is just the tip of the iceberg!
If you are a newbie to the blogging world, chances are that you have gotten overwhelmed by the world of blogging and you choose one of these routes:
1) Throw your hands in the air and give up blogging
2) Stick to the pure intentions and carry on blogging ignoring everything else
3) Try to make some sense of all the blogging jargon and gradually begin applying lessons learnt to take blogging to the next level.
Benefits of promoting blog posts
To each her own, of course, but if you’re among the No. 3 group, you’re probably eager to make your blog more popular. And the best way to do this in today’s environment is to be active on social media. By promoting your blog on popular social media sites like Facebook and Pinterest, you’re expanding your audience which can only be good for your blog!
Here are some of the benefits of promoting your blog on Facebook and Pinterest:
1. It’s free, or if you opt for paid options, it’s low cost
2. Better Search Engine Ranking
3. You get feedback from existing readers
4. You get new readers, thanks to the snowballing effect
5. You can help your readers
6. Likes and shares give you valuable clues about your niche topic
7. Expand your reader base to new geographies
8. You can participate in events and get updates pertaining to your niche
9. You can interact with other bloggers and build a network
What are some of the benefits that you can think of when you promote your posts in these social media? Is there a benefit that we have not listed? Watch out for the next post on 15 ways to promote your blog posts on Facebook and Pinterest.